Mixing traditional with modern, some of the best wedding wishes are those that are personal and heartfelt. But there is a thin line between creating a personalized marriage wish for your friend, relative or partner and making it too personal. If you’re serious about getting that wow factor from your marriage wish, then this guide will help you.
Check out these ideas that will help get you going.
- What To Write In A Wedding Card?
- Formal wedding card wishes
- Casual wedding card wishes
- Funny wedding card wishes
- Wishes for wedding couple
- Wedding card wishes for a new family member
- Wedding card wishes for a daughter
- Wedding card wishes for a son
- Wedding card wishes for a coworker
- Wedding card wishes for a friend
- Wedding card wishes for a nephew
- Wedding card wishes for a cousin
- Wedding card wishes for an Elopement
- Religious Wedding card wishes
- Whatsapp wedding anniversary wishes
- Islamic wedding wishes
- Wedding wishes quotes
- Weeding anniversary wishes
What To Write In A Wedding Card?
When you send a wedding card, it’s important that you remember to write something in it. There are so many factors that will determine the success of your card. The wording and the design should be chosen with care. It should express what you would like to convey to the bride and groom at this time in their life, but also be able to stand on its own as a keepsake from their day.
Our wedding card etiquette guide features easy to follow instructions and example messages to help you navigate through what to write in a wedding card.
- A congratulation is in order. No matter what your personal writing style, this common expression is a great way to warm up your wedding greeting.
- Add a wedding wish tailored to the couple. Use the next few lines of the card to create a personalized wedding wish for the couple. Before you begin to fill the blank space, think about your relationship with the couple. What will the bride and groom enjoy reading after their big day?
- Thank the couple. Save a line in your greeting to express your gratitude to the bride and groom for inviting you to be a part of one of the biggest days of their lives.
- Sign off with a warm closing. Before you sign your name leave the newlyweds with a warm closing.
Formal Wedding Card Wishes
- May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a touch of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever. Congratulations!
- Through the storms of life, may your love for one another be steadfast and strong. Wishing you joy and happiness on your wedding day. Congratulations!
- Congratulations on finding each other! Your greatest adventure has just begun.
- Congratulations to you both on your very special day! May your wedding be filled with special memories you can treasure forever!
- Congratulations on tying the knot!
Casual Wedding Card Wishes
- “Congratulations!” (Yes, it’s okay to say!)
- “Best wishes for a fun-filled future together.”
- “Lots of love today and beyond.”
- “Wishing you the best today and always.”
- “So honored to spend this happy occasion with you and your family.”
- “It makes us so happy to see the two of you so happy.”
- “So happy to be celebrating this special day with you both!”
- “Wishing you all the love and happiness in the world!”
- “We’re so happy for you! Here’s to a long and happy marriage!”
- “Today is just the beginning of the fun! Looking forward to celebrating this season with you.”
Funny wedding card wishes
- “I knew you two were madly in love with each other but didn’t think that you’ll be mad enough to marry. Have a great life ahead.”
- “To the man who couldn’t spring for drinks when he was out with the guys, but is now blowing up his money on his huge wedding, you have left no doubt that you love this girl/guy! Congratulations.”
- “You’ve finally found someone who understands your weird jokes. Hold onto them forever!”
- “There is nothing worse than a friend getting married. Now my parents have one more reason to coax me into getting married. Congratulations.”
- “Never ever discount the idea of marriage. Sure, someone might tell you that marriage is just a piece of paper. Well, so is money, and what’s more life-affirming than cold, hard cash?”
- “May you live each day like your last, and live each night like your first.”
- “As Bill and Ted said, ‘Be excellent to each other.’ “
- “Why are wives more dangerous than the Mafia? The Mafia wants either your money or life… Wives want both!”
Wishes for wedding couple
- May the years ahead be filled with love and joy.
- Your wedding day will come and go, but may your love forever grow.
- Wishing you well as you embark on this next chapter of life. Cheers!
- May your love grow stronger each and every passing year.
- Thank you for letting us share in your special day. We wish you all the happiness in the world.
- May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy.
- Here’s to a lifetime full of happiness and love.
Wedding card wishes for a new family member
- “Congratulations on your marriage, and welcome to the family!”
- “We’re/I’m so happy to welcome a new family member. Best wishes to you both!”
- “We’re/I’m so happy [name] has found ‘the one.’ Welcome to the family!”
- “We’re delighted to share this day with you both.”
- “May your love story continue with each and every passing year.”
- “What a wonderful day for our family, and especially you two. May the joy you feel today last a lifetime.”
- “Today, we add one more member to our family, and we couldn’t be happier. Best wishes to you both on this next chapter.”
- “What a wonderful addition to our family. We’re/I’m so happy to share in your celebration. Congratulations!”
- “We/I couldn’t be happier to call you both family. Best wishes for a long and happy future together.”
- “We love you both. Thanks for letting us share in your celebration!”
- “Congrats! Love and hugs.”
Wedding card wishes for a daughter
- My Princess, wishing you immense happiness, joy, and laughter for your married life. May you have a successful married life!
- It’s such a lovely feeling to see you get married. I wish you lots of joy, happiness and love on this special occasion. You will always be my sweet little girl. Congrats!
- Thank you for making me part of this day, I appreciate it, may love always rain on your marriage my dear daughter. Congrats on your wedding.
- Congratulation dear for finding your true love. May this love grow stronger and deeper through each passing day of your married life!
- Make a home that both of you will enjoy living in, I hope you last forever, thank you for taking care of my daughter. Congrats on your wedding dear ones.
Wedding card wishes for a son
Best Wishes from Father to Son on His Wedding Day
- From your early childhood to growing old, all I pray for your happiness and we are ready to accept that person in whom your happiness lies!
- May you both be the example of a loving and caring couple and be the strength of each other.
- Congratulations Son on the best day of your life that you have found your soul-companion like once I found your mother!
- Dear Buddy, life without a good wife is as like a body without the soul. Hope your wife will be proved as the best!
- Congratulations Son and I wish you a happy and prosperous married life that lasts forever!
- All our heartfelt wishing are for both of you, welcome to your new form of life and hope all the positivity enter withholding the hand of good luck!
Best Messages from Mother to Son on His Wedding Day
Happy birthday wishes to my husband
- May you be kind, generous and understanding to your wife whatever the situation comes!
- Through marriage, you both are united in a promise to help, to be tender and to give and take. May you both be able to keep that!
- Let me tell you the secret of a happy married life and that is simply being moderate, kind, undemanding, caring and loving to your companion.
- Know my heartfelt blessings on this special day of yours and May this day bring more happiness in your future days!
- When I first hold the tiny you in my arms, the first thing I wished a reliable hand to care about you, and see it has come true today!
- You are now promised to share your life together and I wish you keep doing this lovingly forever. May you always be caring and loving to your life partner!
Happy birthday wishes to my husband
- You are the most amazing person on earth.
- Sending you nothing but positive vibes on your birthday!
- Cheers to another year.
- I hope you have the most magical birthday yet!
- Happy birthday, sweetie!
- Wishing a very happy birthday to the most perfect man in the world.
- Today is all about you!
- Happy Birthday. To my amazing husband, who never ceases to amaze me. Thank you for who you are, and all that you do. I love you!
- To The Wonderful Man I Love, Happy Birthday. I never knew what soulmate meant until I met you.
- Happy Birthday. There’s a whole lot of love, and a great big kiss too, in this birthday greeting dear hubby that’s coming to you!
Wedding card wishes for a coworker
- Congratulations on finding your soulmate!
- Wishing you an everlasting union.
- May your love burn brightly forever.
- Best wishes!
- Here’s to many happy years together!
- Congratulations on your nuptials.
- All the best to you today and always.
- Seeing you two together brings me so much joy. Best wishes!
- Tons of love for you today and always.
- Wishing you a long and healthy marriage.
- It is a privilege to witness such pure love. Congratulations!
- Following your heart always leads to a lifetime of love.
- Here’s to an exciting and loving future together.
- I’m so glad to share this special day with you two!
- Congratulations on your marriage. I wish you both the best.
- Wishing you a glorious ceremony with an abundance of wonderful memories to follow! Congratulations to you both for finding your life partners on this happy day.
- I hope you know that we, all of your friends and well-wishers, have been impatiently and eagerly waiting for this special day to come. We hope that today (and the rest of your lives together) is nothing but a grand success. We hope that this special day will give you many fond memories to remember for years to come. Congrats!
- Congratulations on one of the most memorable days of your life! Best of luck on a happy and prosperous marriage to two people who truly deserve each other.
- Wishing you both all the joy and happiness for your wedding ceremony and a super happy conjugal life afterward! Congratulations to some of my favorite people.
- You are going to write the next chapters of your life stories together, and I cannot wait to read them. Happy wedding day to you both!
- I can’t think of two people who deserve true love, happiness, and a lifetime of both. Congrats to some of my dearest friends—happy wedding day!
Wedding card wishes for a nephew
- To my amazing nephew, I hope you have a wonderful day. I’m absolutely thrilled to see you find a love as pure as you have
- You have grown up faster than I could have imagined, and so I still can’t quite believe your getting married. I’m so happy for you though
- All my love for you today as you get married. Seeing you turn into such an impressive young man has been one of the joys of my life and I’m delighted to see you find love and happiness
- Happy wedding day to my wonderful nephew! Enjoy every second of it
- Wishing you a happy life as man and wife and a truly perfect wedding. All my love and best wishes to my nephew
Wedding card wishes for a cousin
- Happy married life, cousin! Have fun and enjoy your home.
- I wouldn’t change a thing about our experience together, but now you must move on to your new life. I wish you all the best, cuz.
- The first time I saw you both together, I knew there’s this amazing chemistry you wouldn’t find anywhere else. I’m glad you’re together. Happy married life, cousin!
- You two shine on Earth like the stars in the sky. May your union be forever glorious. Congratulations, my wonderful cousin!
- I bet there’s a lot of energy in you both to build a great home. Happy married life to my wonderful cousin and [her/his] soulmate.
Wedding card wishes for an Elopement
- “Congratulations on tying the knot!”
- “I’m thrilled to hear the news of your marriage!Wishing you so much happiness!”
- “Congratulations to the wonderful two of you!”
- “Congratulations on finding each other! Your greatest adventure as just begun!”
- “You guys are great together. So happy for you two!”
- “Wishing you a lifetime of joy!”
- “Best wishes to the happy couple!”
- “Cheers to this awesome adventure!”
- “You guys rock! No doubt your elopement did too.Sending you both all the best.”
- “May joining together bring you more joy than you can imagine.”
Religious Wedding card wishes
- “May your marriage be blessed!”
- “Wishing you a marriage as strong as your faith.”
- “Sending you prayers for unending love and happiness.”
- “Love is the greatest blessing.”
- “May God bless you and your union.”
- “May God grant you all of life’s blessings and love’s joys.”
- “God bless you both on this day with a lifetime of shared love and joy.”
- “May the One who brought you together bless your marriage, enrich your lives and deepen your love throughout the years.”
- “‘God has poured out His love into our hearts.’ – Romans 5:5”
- “‘Love is patient. Love is kind… Love never fails.’ – 1 Corinthians 13:4-13”
- “Mazel Tov! May the joy that is yours today always fill the days of your life.”
- “‘I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.’ – Shir Ha’Shirim/Song of Songs 6:3″ Or ” ‘Ani L’Dodi, v’Dodi Li.’ – Shir Ha’Shirim/Song of Songs 6:3″
- “Mazel Tov on your wedding!” or “Mazel Tov on your marriage!”
Whatsapp wedding anniversary wishes
- As the days go by, hold onto the burning love that ignited your journey.
- Don’t let anything stand in the way of your love.
- As you take this big step, know that you have my love and support today and always.
- Be sure to always lean on your unconditional love even when things aren’t easy.
- As a couple, you are living proof that following your heart will always lead to true love.
- Never forget what brought you two together. Stay focused on your love and you’ll never go wrong.
Islamic wedding wishes
- May Allah bless you and your partner on this new adventure of your life together.
- Nikkah Mubarak to you both. Wishing you two a happy conjugal life.
- Alhumdulillah! Congratulations! I wish you years of happiness, love, and joy. May Allah bless you!
- The journey you two are starting today may never end. May your love for each other always remain strong like this.
- Always stay true to Allah and each other. May Allah bless your marriage and your love forever.
- It’s great to know that you guys are getting married. I always knew you guys would end up being with each other. I wish you guys a beautiful married life.
Wedding wishes quotes
- “Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” – Mark Twain
- “A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.” – Zsa Zsa Gabor
- “Marriage is like a game of chess. Except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke, and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome.” – Jerry Seinfeld
- “Spend a few minutes a day really listening to your spouse. No matter how stupid his problems sound to you.” —Megan Mullally
- “Why buy the cow? Maybe because every day the cow asks you when you’re going to buy it. And you live in a really small apartment with the cow and you can’t avoid that question at all. Also, the cow is way better at arguing than you are … But for real, why buy the cow? Let’s be real. Why buy the cow? Because you love her. You really do.” –John Mullaney
Weeding anniversary wishes
- Even though the years continue to pass, my love for you only grows stronger. Happy [25th] anniversary!
- It started with a dream of a life together, and the dream only gets better. Cheers to [one] year of marriage!
- Even after  years, I’ve never known anyone more beautiful, more kind and more loving than you. Happy Anniversary to my one and only true love.
- Happy [5th] anniversary, babe. I love you more and more every year!
- After all these years there’s no place I would rather be than right here with you. Happy [50th] anniversary!
- Happy [10th] anniversary. We’ve had so many wonderful memories together already. Here’s to many more!
You might also be interested: